Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kati's Tooth Transplant

Kati had her tooth transplant on March 5th and things went well. Her new teeth are stitched down and doing well. She is on very soft foods for 6 weeks. She is NOT happy about this part. A person can only eat so much pancakes and applesauce. I cut her food up very small (like you would feed a baby) and she chews it with her front teeth. She goes in next week to get the stitches removed.

This one is for Aunt Bobbi: Kati is demonstrating how to make homemade root beer to her class this week. She has told them all about it and they are very excited to try it. Thanks again for that bucket and showing us how.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

six weeks of soft foods! That's a long time, good luck!

Bob said...

SORRY KATIE, COME ON DOWN HERE AND WE WILL GO TO THE "BLUE BUNNY" AND EAT ICE CREAM ALL DAY LONG. YOU ARE ONE BRAVE LITTLE GIRL, AND WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU.(NO WAY ! WOULD THEY GET ME IN TO DO ALL THAT, I TAKE MY GUN WHEN I GO TO GET MY TEETH CLEANED. (HE BETTER NOT HURT ME?) WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL. GRAMPA AND GRANDMA..

Lindsay said...

Hey Grandpa, my mouth is feeling a bit sore too, I better come down there for some of that blue bunny ice cream all day long =) I am glad that it has gone well so far! Good luck kati, that does not sound like fun... but i do know one soft food that is essential! SLURPEES!!!

Bobbi said...

I'm glad the tooth transplate went okay. I bet you're all glad that is over! How did the root beer go over? I hope the class enjoyed it. We miss you all!!!!