Thursday, October 20, 2011

Latest Project

Well I was wanting a new door for a long time. We even had a guy who was going to give us a quote. But I love doing home improvements so I gave it a try. This is the old ugly door from the 1960's.

 I relocated the cat door to the wall (this leads to the garage).
 I used the SawzAll and cut out the old door frame right down to the studs.
 Bought a new door from Home Depot (steel, pre-hung with frame) $130
And installed it all by myself, shimmed it, leveled it, locks and trim too. (I just let Suny carry it in from the patio cause it was heavy).  The floors are next.  Every time I watch HGTV I want to rip up carpet or paint something. 

1 comments:

Ashley said...

wow i'm so impressed!! way to go lisa!